Taipei Information Service Section
RANGE OF DUTIES
This section takes responsibility for the planning, establishing, managing and maintaining the network infrastructure. In addition, this section supports each unit in establishing their own information networks and creation of on-line campus networks through providing technical assistance. The management of the firewall and servers for email, e-news, dial-up service, FTP and others as detailed below, are also their responsibility.
- Planning, purchasing and maintaining the equipment for the university’s academic and administrative network.
- Supervising the complete network security and control process.
- Planning, implementing and maintaining the university’s intra-net, connection to TAnet and the Internet.
- Designing and maintaining all the university’s servers.
- Designing and maintaining the university-wide wireless network.
- Planning and maintaining telephone system.
- Planning for IP voice system.
- Planning, managing and maintaining teleconferencing system.
- Planning distance education system.
- Researching and providing technical backup for engineering of teleconferencing and distance education.