NETWORK RESOURCE SERVICES
UNIVERSITY AFFAIRS ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
TECHNOLOGICAL BACK-UP SERVICE FOR INSTRUCTION
Providing computer-related courses and practicum for the university’s faculty and student body, and a good instructional environment for the applied professional software courses offered by each department, as well as the following:
- Distance education system
- Network university
- Multimedia interactive audio-visual classroom instruction
- Multimedia animation instruction
- Virtual studio
- e-Classroom system
- Audio-visual resource room (VOD system)
The primary focus of overall service is the university campus IC cards, which feature 2 chips for double the usage, as well as a traditional bar code on the back. Students’ entrance to the library or dormitory, making a phone call, etc, requires only one card. The smart IC campus card combines these features. In addition, campus IC cards are also used for:
- Staff punctuality status - IC cards are used to record reporting for and leaving work to maintain punctuality.
- Office entrance control - Especially for offices where a lot of confidential information is stored, such as students’ matriculation data, exam items in the exam center, etc., strict security controls are essential.
- Library borrowing – When faculty, staff or students are checking out or returning books at the library, their card is scanned by the card reader and an accurate record of their currently borrowed and returned materials is quickly available.
- Computer classroom entrance control – Students' entrance to the computer classrooms can be securely controlled through the IC card, restricting them from illegal online behavior through university facilities.
- Financial function – The campus IC card has the same functions as its financial counterparts and can be used in ATMs for cash withdrawals. In addition, the IC card chips also have electronic money capabilities. Once monetary value is set through an ATM, an IC card can be used to make consumer purchases at cooperating convenience stores. Additionally, it can facilitate relatively larger deposits and withdrawals and be used to place calls in IC-equipped public phones.